To unite all bicyclists in Steamboat Springs and Routt County through trails, roads, and pathways; education; and events with the goal of creating a fun, healthy, and safe bicycle friendly community.
We accomplished much of what we set out to do and completed a few extras along the way. This year we…
- Successfully purchased and brought to the Yampa Valley the ST 240 single track trail building machine, thanks in part to generous community donations.
- Built the new 4.5-mile Morning Gloria trail on Emerald Mountain.
- Finished the Sunshine Trail re-route on Mount Werner.
- Held more than 50 trail work sessions at: Bear River Bike Park, Howelsen BMX Track, on Emerald Mountain, Mount Werner and other forest service land.
- Debuted a trail work volunteer T-shirt.
- Acquired, distributed and packed 400 yards of dirt at the Bear River Bike Park to address drainage and complete the return line.
- Helped USFS replace two gates with cattle guards at the bottom of Hot Springs Trail.
- Partnered with Steamboat Ski Area for Sponsorship Day.
- Assisted Team Flying Wheels in hosting a state qualifying BMX race for the first time.
- Installed and monitored trail user counters on trails throughout Routt County.
- Assisted the Tour de Steamboat as a proud beneficiary.
- Assisted in securing and hosting the IMBA* World Summit.
- Hosted IMBA* Trail Building School as part of the World Summit.
- Worked with Partners in Routt County to teach youth how to mountain bike on Take a Kid Mountain Biking Day.
- Created three rest stops with port-o-lets along popular county roads for cyclists and others.
- Assisted in creating and positioning safe cycling signs throughout the county.
- Encouraged and promoted cycling etiquette through Spoke Talk articles.
- Worked with land managers to create a weatherproof trail map of the area that is for sale in local shops, with a portion of profits going to future trail maintenance.
- Designed and sold the 2014 Routt County Riders bike jersey.
- Assisted the US Forest Service with its Trails Master Plan.
- Became a participant in Yampa Valley Gives/ Colorado Gives Day and raised $3,000.
- Worked with land managers to improve and promote access for fat bikes.
*IMBA – International Mountain Bicycling Association